Membership & Benefits
Why Become WMC Member?
WMC members include all levels of teachers and instructors from pre-kindergarten to university, as well as mathematics administrators, leaders, and specialists. Anyone whose goal is to improve mathematics education for their classroom or state is welcome to join.
WMC supports its members by improving their professional effectiveness and mathematical skills through:
- Professional Development - In addition to the annual conference, which draws thousands of midwest educators annually, the WMC hosts the Mathematical Proficiency for Every Student (MPES) conference, book studies, and other workshops. Upcoming events will always be listed on our website under the Events tab.
- Networking - Last year, 1000 educators attended our annual conference. The WMC Membership is comprised of a dynamic network of teachers, educators, and other professionals dedicated to improving the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Recognition - Each year the Wisconsin Mathematics Council recognizes excellence and dedication to mathematics with the Distinguished Mathematics Educator Award and our 25-Year Awards.
- Publications - Through our newsletter, website and journal, the Wisconsin Mathematics Council keeps members updated on changes, new ideas, issues and events in mathematics education.
- Student Activities - In spring, we hold our annual Math Contest! For more information, please visit the math contest page under our Events tab.
Membership renewals are due on October 31st of each year. If you sign up for membership on June 1, then your membership will expire on October 31 of the following year. Each October, WMC will run a membership campaign where you can win prizes for renewing your membership.
NCTM Membership Affiliate Rebate Program
NCTM provides state affiliate organizations an opportunity to earn a $3-$5 rebate on each Wisconsin-based NCTM membership. Go to www.nctm.org to designate a portion of your NCTM dues be rebated to WMC. Thank you for your support of WMC through the NCTM Membership Rebate Program!
Interested in Membership?
Anyone interested in mathematics education in Wisconsin is invited to become a member in the Wisconsin Mathematics Council. You can sign-up below as a free E-Member or a Sustaining Member for just $35/year. Join us and make a difference for your colleagues and the students you serve.
A sustaining member is someone who sees the value in the work of WMC and helps to carry it forward. This membership level signifies a commitment to the mission of the Council with dues of $35 annually to the organization.
As a sustaining member you will receive all the benefits that come with e-membership. In addition, your sustaining membership dues will provide the following benefits:
- You will provide active support for efforts to improve teaching practices that promote positive mathematical identity and agency for Wisconsin’s students.
- You will be assisting with the development of educational opportunities for WI mathematics educators to receive up-to-date research on standards and best practices.
- you will join with others who financially support the efforts to sustain high-quality mathematics education through scholarships for highly qualified pre-service teachers.
- You will feel good, just because it feels good to give back!
Anyone interested in mathematics education in Wisconsin is invited to become a member in the Wisconsin Mathematics Council. You can sign-up as a free E-Member and make a difference for your colleagues and the students you serve.
As an E-member you will receive the following benefits:
- Connect with other WI math educators
- Bi-annual electronic newsletters with current events and updates from across the state
- Monthly e-blasts with the most up-to-date announcements and learning opportunities
- Bi-annual peer-reviewed electronic journals with ideas to implement best practices
- Vote for representatives on the WMC Board of Directors
- Opportunity to represent mathematics educators as a member of the WMC Board of Directors