The Wisconsin Mathematics Council’s Distinguished Mathematics Educator (DME) Award is the most prestigious award that the Council bestows. The award recognizes individuals for their outstanding contributions and exceptional leadership and service to the Wisconsin mathematics education community.
Qualities of DME awardees include evidence of:
- Active participation in professional organizations at the local, state and/or national levels.
- Lifetime contributions to mathematics education.
- Continued growth as a mathematics educator and leader.
- Inspirational influence on others in mathematics education.
In order to be considered for the DME award, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Provide significant contributions and distinguished service to mathematics education in Wisconsin.
- Be recognized as a regional, state, and/or national mathematics leader.
- Be involved in mathematics education for a minimum of 15 years, with at least ten years in Wisconsin.